Are you thinking about getting a business degree? If so, one of the main questions you may have is “is a business degree worth it?”.
So before you invest the time and money in your degree, find out whether having that degree is worth the blood, sweat and tears. (Well usually getting a business degree doesn’t involve any of those things. But hopefully you know what we’re getting at 🙂
Is a Business Degree Worth It?
Having a business degree is definitely a game changer. It can help pave the way to your career of choice, and will help open a lot of doors for you in the future. Not to mention all the knowledge you will gain, and the skills you will learn will definitely make earning a business degree worth it. It can also increase your salary and your lifetime income earnings.
Whether you’re planning on advancing your career in the business industry, or simply want to conquer the world of business, a business degree can definitely help you do that.
Benefits of Getting a Business Degree
If you’re still on the fence, here are some of the best benefits you can gain from a business degree:
- Higher expected salary: according to Payscale.com, having an MBA in Strategy is in the top 5 of the highest paying graduate degrees.
- Stand out in job hunts: a business degree can help you stand out from the rest of the pack.
- Build your network: in business school, you can easily build your network through connections in your institution, professors, peers and colleagues.
- Career and placement services: most universities and business schools help their top students with career and placement services with different companies.
- Lots of industries to conquer: a business degree can help in pretty much every industry and type of business out there. This means a business degree can land you a job not just in the business industry, but in advertising, media, technology, health-care management, and more.
- Competitive advantage in the job market: need we say more?
What Do You Need To Get a Business Degree
So, what exactly do you need to earn a business degree? Well, let’s discuss that one by one.
The most important thing you need is time. It takes time to earn a business degree. Usually, earning a business degree takes at least four years. However, it can vary depending on your previous college credits, and your own personal schedule.
When looking for a business school or program, find a program that will match your schedule, and maximize your previous education and experience. By doing so, you can get your degree faster. You can also research online business programs to help you balance your time.
Commitment is also something you need. If you want that business degree, you’ll have to make it work, and really make it a priority. Even if it means making adjustments to your professional and personal life. The main key here is balancing and time management.
Lastly, you’ll need to consider your tuition and fees because they vary widely. Most of the time, colleges charge per credit hour. If you have previous college credits, you can get significant savings on the costs, too. You should also consider scholarships and college aid. Remember that a business degree is an investment.
Those With Business Degrees Are VERY Happy They Got Them
With all that said, a business degree is definitely a worth-it investment. But don’t just take it from us. Recently, Rasmussen College did a survey with 2000 individuals with a business degree. 70% of them responded that they would recommend pursuing a business degree. What’s even more astounding is that it took them less than three seconds to respond!