Getting your PhD online is a big commitment. Figure it will take you at least two years to earn your degree. Some doctorate degrees can take up to 7 years or so.
With the time and money commitment involved, you want to make sure you find a field of study you enjoy. And you also want to find an online program that’s a good fit for you. To help you get started in finding the best fit, below we look at some of the most popular fields of study for online doctorate programs. We also look at a list of some of the most popular schools offering doctorate degrees online.
Most Popular Doctorate Degrees
Listed below are some of the most popular doctorate degrees in no particular order.
- Legal Professions and Studies
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Educational Leadership
- Information Technology
- Organizational Systems Management
- Leadership Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Science
- Applied Behavior Analysis
We have also compiled a list of the most popular universities offering online PhD programs. Check them out below.
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD. They offer online PhD programs in different fields such as business, medicine, public health, engineering, science and nursing practice.
- Gratz College, Melrose Park, PA. They offer online PhD programs in the field of education and holocaust and genocide studies.
- Clarkson College, Omaha, NE. They offer online PhD programs for nursing practice and healthcare education and leadership.
- University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg, KY. The University of the Cumberlands offer online PhD programs in educational leadership, counselor education and supervision, information technology, executive business, and leadership studies.
- Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA. Regent offers online doctoral programs in communication, education, theology, law, and counseling.
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND. UND confers online doctorates in 11 areas of study, including engineering, aerospace science, educational leadership, nursing, and indigenous health.
- Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio. Franklin offers online Ph.D. programs in instructional design leadership, business administration, organizational leadership, and healthcare administration.
- Saybrook University, Oakland, CA. Saybrook offers 5 different online PhD programs that students can choose from. This includes a program for psychology, clinical psychology, organizational systems management, mind-body medicine, and transformative social change.
- Concordia University-Chicago, River Forest, IL. The CUC offers 8 different online degrees, including online doctoral programs in business administration, special education, gerontology, and organizational leadership.
Those are only some of the most reputable universities that offer online degrees of PhD. We hope that this article has helped you gain some ideas on the costs of online doctorate programs and how to plan your financial budget.