Are you considering getting your law degree online? There are a number of great online law degree programs to choose from. And many, as you’ll see below, are from some of the top schools in the country.
The Path To Becoming a Lawyer
If you want to practice law, then your first step is to go to law school and earn a Juris Doctorate or JD. Then you’ll need to pass the Bar Exam in order to get licensed. As you might expect, the Bar Exam is far from easy.
It requires tremendous effort and knowledge on your part. But the rewards are truly worth it. Earning your law degree and passing the Bar Exam opens the door to limitless, long-term opportunities in the exciting field of law.
Earning a Law Degree Online
If you have a busy schedule and a lot of commitments other than your education, it may be more convenient for you to earn your law degree online.
However, there’s a very important piece of info to keep in mind here. And that is, at the moment, only the state of California allows online law school graduates to take the bar exam.
The other states require students to attend a hybrid education (part online, part on-campus). Or, of course, attend a traditional brick-and-mortar law school.
With that said, there are still plenty of options available for those who want to take the required undergraduate work to complete their law degree online.
The tuition fee and price range varies. There are low-cost online colleges available, and some offer scholarships, too.
Types of Online Law Programs
Here are some of the most common and most popular fields for online law degree programs:
- Legal Studies – Law, Interdisciplinary Law, Paralegal Studies
- Administrative Law Studies – Legal Compliance, Law and Regulation, Legal Governance
- International Law Studies – International Law, International Business Law, Environmental Law
- Business Law Studies – Business Law, Commercial Law, Corporate Law
- National Law Studies – American Law, European Law, North American Law
- Economic Law Studies – Economic Law, Tax Law, Energy Law
- Jurisprudence – Legal Ethics, Legal Practice, Legal Research
- Human Rights Law Studies – Civil Rights Law, Human Rights Law, Public Interest Law
- Criminal Justice – Corrections
- Criminal Law Studies – Criminology, Criminal Law
Some Top Online Law Degree Programs
With that in mind, we have gathered a list of the some of the best accredited online law schools to check out. Be sure to include these universities during your research when finding the best universities to apply for. As you can see, many of these are well-known universities with great reputations.
- Average Net Price: $26,760
- Graduation Rate: 91%
Wake Forest University
- Average Net Price: $33,382
- Graduation Rate: 88%
Washington University in St. Louis
- Average Net Price: $28,540
- Graduation Rate: 93%
University of Southern California
- Average Net Price: $30,232
- Graduation Rate: 92%
Florida State University
- Average Net Price: $14,582
- Graduation Rate: 81%
- Average Net Price: $41,849
- Graduation Rate: 90%
Michigan State University
- Average Net Price: $18,576
- Graduation Rate: 80%
George Washington University
- Average Net Price: $31,956
- Graduation Rate: 82%
- Average Net Price: $37,065
- Graduation Rate: 85%
New York University
- Average Net Price: $40,336
- Graduation Rate: 84%
Not sure about getting that law degree. Check out this article on “what can you do with a law degree” to see what career options a degree can lead to.